HempMeds is the CBD pioneer in the USA and the world and saw its debut in 2012 when it was launched in San Diego, CA when it was established under its parent company and the first cannabis brand in the USA, Medical Marijuana Inc. Its website is overwhelming with the sheer volume of products, including vape oils, oils, tinctures, edibles, topicals, and pet items in full-spectrum and isolate CBD formulations. Besides selling its products, HempMeds markets products from other companies on its website, especially its subsidiary brands. Here is our full 2022 review of HempMeds.
About the Company
HempMeds is a subsidiary company under Medical Marijuana Inc, a cannabis brand in the USA. It has a history that dates back to 2012, when it was launched under its parent company. According to its website, the brand’s mission is to provide everyone with wellness via CBD products since everybody deserves good health, wellness, and an incredible day. It sells capsules, edibles, topicals, vape oils, pet items, tinctures, and isolates manufactured by its facilities and other brands, including Dixie Botanicals and Real Scientific Hemp Oil (RSHO).
HempMeds boasts many successes in the CBD arena, including the establishment of other subsidiary brands under it, including Dixie Botanicals, Cibaderm, Cibdex, and RSHO. Besides, it is the pioneer of CBD oil in the USA and the first brand to gain consent from the federal government to import CBD and hemp. As if that’s not enough, HempMeds is the first brand to speak to the World Health Organization (WHO) about CBD oil, and its manufacturing facilities are cGMP-certified.
The following specs are true to HempMeds;
- The clean CO2 extraction used to strip CBD from hemp surfaces
- CBD extracts available in full-spectrum formulations and isolates
- Extract consumption methods include capsules, vape oils, oils, tinctures, edibles, and topicals
- CBD product prices range between $19 and $1545, allowing all CBD enthusiasts with various living standards
- A 14-day money-back guarantee applies when clients can raise claims based on dissatisfaction
- The manufacturing facilities are cGMP-certified
- Edible products guarantee tastes
- A stocking fee of 15% applies for storing returned items
- Free shipping available for orders worth $100 and above
- HempMeds sells products for other brands under it, including Dixie Botanicals and Real Scientific Hemp Oil
- The average price point ranges from $0.08 to $0.1 per mg CBD
- The total CBD concentrations range from 20 mg to 750 mg
- Triple lab testing to ensure high-quality products
Hemp quality determines the quality of the final CBD products. HempMeds knows this theory and sources its hemp from reputable farms in Europe and processes them in the USA. Its hemp is sourced from the Netherlands, where organic farming practices are practiced, and no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, or pesticides are used on the hemp plants. Moreover, once the CBD is extracted from hemp surfaces, it is tested for the second time (first-time testing) happens when hemp plants are still on-farm.
Looking at HempMeds’ website, the sheer volume of products may leave you feeling overwhelmed. However, the simple and easily navigable website gives you a wonderful shopping experience. You can shop by function (inflammation, pain, sleep, etc.), by RSHO filtered, decarboxylated, or CBDa-rich, and you can also shop by topicals (roll-ons, salves, and body butter). After shopping, the system prompts you to check out and redeem any discounts, if any, including military veteran discounts. Free shipping is offered for orders worth $100, and the web calculator establishes shipping costs for any orders below $100.
The Food and Drug Administration does not regulate or control the production of CBD products. As such, the laws require CBD brands to conduct 3rd party tests to examine the products for the presence of standard contaminants, including heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents and also confirm that the labeled CBD and THC potencies match the actual content. The CBD brands that stick to these regulations are reputable in the market, and HempMeds is one of them. The company pioneered and employs the triple-testing theory, which tests hemp quality on-farm and after extraction at the processing facilities, and 3rd party testing. It contracts Pro Verde Labs, a reputable laboratory, to test its products for purity and potency, and the results are posted online under the Certificate of Analysis (CoA) section of the website.
HempMeds is fairly up-to-the task when it comes to potency and purity accuracy. We examined the lab results online and noticed that most products in the inventory passed lab tests. This means that their total CBD concentration variances did not supersede the 10% acceptable variance. Moreover, the full-spectrum items with THC did not exceed 0.3% for total THC. Lastly, all the products whose contaminant results were posted online passed purity tests, indicating no detectable heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, residues, and solvents.
HempMeds sources its hemp from Europe, specifically from the Netherlands. All the hemp plants in Ned’s farms are grown under natural conditions, and no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and other farm inputs are introduced in the cycle, which is why the products test contaminant-free. Besides, all the hemp plants used by HempMeds are organic and non-GMO, and so are the ingredients used to manufacture CBD. First-phase testing happens on-farm where the hemp plants are tested for quality.
Once the hemp matures, it is harvested in the Netherlands, and the clean CO2 extraction method used to strip CBD from the surfaces, resulting in isolates and full-spectrum CBD oil. The CO2 extraction method is considered safe in the CBD industry because it removes CBD and the needed terpenes and flavonoids and leaves behind the unwanted parts without attaching any solvents to the oil. The CBD oil is tested again for quality and packaged, then sent to HempMeds in the USA.
Immediately the extracted CBD oils are received, they are tested to ensure they are safe and meet the needed standards to produce high-quality CBD products. At this stage, the oil is formulated into various consumable forms, including capsules, pet items, vape oils, tinctures, oils, edibles, and topicals. What follows next is 3rd party testing where HempMeds contracts Pro Verde Labs for potency and purity tests and posts the results online in the Certificate of Analysis (CoA) section of the website.
Range of Products
HempMeds boasts a wide assortment of products, including;
HempMeds CBD Oils
The brand offers various oils whose total CBD concentrations vary. The CBD oils also pose varied potencies and fruity flavors, all possible with natural ingredients. The average price points of the oils range from $0.03 to $0.11 per mg CBD. You can find CBD oils from HempMeds and Dixie Botanicals.
HempMeds CBD Capsules
HempMeds capsules cost $59.99 and have an average price point of $0.03 to $0.29 per mg CBD. They have varying potencies, either 10 or 25 mg per unit. The capsules come in 450 or 750 total CBD concentrations and have different counts per jar. As with HempMeds CBD oils, the brand also markets capsules by other companies.
HempMeds CBD Edibles
HempMeds boasts an edible product line with soft chews. The prices vary dramatically, depending on the selected category, and the average price point is $0.13 to $0.30 per mg CBD. The chews come in various fruity flavors and are made from non-GMO organic hemp.
HempMeds Vape Oils
Do you enjoy vaping CBD? If your answer to this question is yes, you might find HempMeds’ vape oils. They contain isolates and full-spectrum CBD and are available in fruity flavors. The average price point for vape oils is $0.3 per mg CBD.
HempMeds CBD Isolates
HempMeds has an isolate line that offers CBD concentrates with no other cannabinoid other than CBD. They have an average price point of $0.03 to $0.40 per mg CBD, depending on the chosen product.
HempMeds CBD Skincare
HempMeds has a topical line with skincare products. You can buy body oils & lotions, massage oils, conditioner, and shampoo from the website, where there are both HempMeds products and items by other companies. The total CBD concentrations range from 10 to 500 mg, posing a potency variance of 0.88 to 10 mg/ml. Lastly, they cost $19.99 to $49.99, posing an average price point of $0.08 to $1 per mg CBD.
What We Like About the Company
Our review appreciated many things about HempMeds, including;
- The triple-testing process ensures products are safe for consumption
- The brand has a centralized online Certificate of Analysis (CoA) hub, where it posts all the 3rd party test results
- HempMeds tests products for CBD and THC potency and contaminant purity for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents
- cGMP certification of the manufacturing facilities ensures high safety standards are followed throughout the manufacturing cycle
- It uses organic, non-GMO hemp for manufacturing CBD products, which is ideal, considering the controversies around the genetic modification of organisms and consumption of such organisms or their products
- The clean and safe CO2 extraction method therein used ensures the necessary cannabinoids are carefully stripped, without leaving any solvents behind
- A 14-day money-back guarantee allows clients to claim refunds and exchanges for unused products
- HempMeds offers free shipping for all orders worth $100 and above
- The brand values military veterans and grants them discounts
- The brand has CBD lines with RSHO (real scientific hemp oil) for therapeutic effects, especially for sleep, immunity, and the GI tract
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Although there is every good thing to be admired the CBD pioneer, HempMeds, the brand still needs to improve, especially in the following areas;
- The sheer volume of products on the website feels overwhelming
- The money-back-guarantee applies only within the first 14 days of delivery
- Returns and exchanges only apply to unused and unopened products
- The brand charges 15% to stock the returned items
- The $100 free shipping threshold is high and may not be attained by all CBD consumers
Our review for HempMeds, a subsidiary company under Medical Marijuana Inc, was great. The brand boasts many achievements, including being the CDB oil pioneer in the USA and the world, being the first authorized member of the American Hemp Authority, and being the first CBD brand to speak to the WHO about CBD oil and to gain consent from the federal government to import hemp. Its strongholds include the triple-testing theory, accurate potency lab results, use of organic non-GMO hemp to manufacture CBD products, cGMP certification of its manufacturing facilities, military veteran discounts, and the wide assortment of products. nonetheless, the brand needs to improve some areas to celebrate new milestones in the CBD arena. For instance, its 14-day money-back guarantee is short-lived and limited to unopened, unused products, the free shipping threshold is relatively high, and the stocking fee is also inappropriate.