Erth Hemp is a California-based CBD brand located in Irvine. It aims to win the market kraft by providing affordable, high-quality CBD products, including pet products, tinctures, topicals, softgels, and isolates. You can enjoy delta- 8 products from the brand, as well as THC-free and full-spectrum formulations. What are the brand’s pros and cons? What extraction method does it use to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces? Thus is our 2022 full Erth Hemp review, and it addresses each of these questions.
About the Company
According to its website, Erth Hemp was founded to help win the market craft with exclusively high-quality CBD products. to operate within the frameworks of this mission, Erth Hemp uses a vertically integrated system where it controls all activities from hemp growing to sales. As such, Erth Hemp calls it the ‘soil-to-sales’ brand and admits that using the vertically integrated system has many benefits. For instance, the brand can control all the ingredients that go into the final products, and it also wins a competitive market advantage, allowing it to offer high-quality products at affordable prices. Nonetheless, the web offers no information about when Erth Hemp was founded, who founded it, and who makes up its team.
Erth Hemp claims to use organic practices to farm its hemp. It mentions it is the only company in the area using hemp, so it chooses to keep the location of sources secretive. As such, we could not confirm if indeed it utilizes organic farming methods in hemp growing and whether it is USDA or FDA-registered. It boasts a decent inventory of CBD tinctures, pet items, softgels, topicals, and edibles. The products contain isolates (as in delta- 8 THC), THC-free, and full-spectrum formulations. Every product page tries to detail some information about a product, including the potency ingredients used in the product, and a lab result is also attached to the product, showing the cannabinoid profile in the item.
The following specs define Erth Hemp;
- The clean and safe CO2 and ethanol extraction methods used to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces
- Extract formulations include isolates, full-spectrum, and THC-free products
- Extract consumption methods include pet products, tinctures, capsules/softgels, topicals, edibles, and isolates
- The average price point is $0.1- $0.18 per mg CBD
- USA-sourced hemp
- Discounts for military veterans and medical personnel available
- CBD products cost $5.99 to $79.99
- Free shipping available for orders worth $50 and above
- A 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to file claims for returns and exchange
- Edible products guarantee tastes
- The total CBD concentrations in products range from 34 mg to 3000 mg
- MCT oil formulation used to improve bioavailability
- Nano-emulsification technology for particular products
- A vertically integrated system
We loved our buying experience on Erth Hemp’s official website. The Shop button offers multiple options for shipping, including solution (sleep, pain, and stress), delta- 8, tinctures, pet, softgels, etc., and it’s up to the buyer to select the product of interest and add it to the cart. Once done, the system asks you to fill in your billing and physical location details and redeem any discounts, if any. All orders worth $50 and above are shipped for free. At the same time, the site calculator establishes shipping costs for orders below the threshold. Shipping takes place on Monday-Friday and starts a day after order processing.
The FDA does not regulate CBD production, so CBD brands are required to conduct lab tests to adhere to the quality and control regulations for CBD production. Erth Hemp submits to these requirements and engages SC Labs to conduct 3rd party tests to examine its products for CBD and THC potencies. Besides, the results are posted online on the respective product pages for easy viewership. Nonetheless, Erth Hemp does not test the items for standard contaminants such as heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, residues, and solvents.
Accuracy is determined by the lab results, and as far as we are concerned, Erth Hemp has a long way to go in this regard. We examined some of the items we ordered for purity and realized that some posed higher variances. For instance, the 500 mg THC-free tincture, and noticed the total CBD concentration was 557.4 mg as opposed to the 500 mg indicated on the labels. This translated to an 11.48% CBD variance, much higher than the 10% acceptable limit. Nonetheless, the product passed the THC test as there was no detectable THC. As for contaminant tests, there was nothing regarding them on the lab results.
Erth Hemp is a legal hemp grower and processor in the US, but it chooses to keep its hemp source secret because it is the only company using hemp in the area, as indicated on the website. The site also claims the brand uses organic practices to grow its hemp, meaning no pesticides and chemicals are used during the entire hemp growing cycle. Erth Hemp uses a vertically integrated system, meaning all the processes from seed propagation to the manufacturing of CBD products are controlled by one company; Erth Hemp. This gives the brand a competitive advantage to offer CBD products at affordable prices and also ensures that only the intended ingredients are used in the CBD products manufacture.
When the hemp plants mature, they are harvested and prepared or processed using a combined harvester which makes harvesting and chucking easy. Hemp flowers are only dried for about 4 days, after which they are ready for sales; they need no processing. As for the rest of hemp flowers for manufacturing other CBD products, the next stage involves transportation to the manufacturing facilities and extraction, where Erth Hemp uses ethanol and CO2 to strip CBD from the hemp surfaces, resulting in isolates, THC-free, and full-spectrum CBD formulations. Some of the extracts are further formulated with MCT oil, and others subjected to nano-emulsification to increase cannabinoid bioavailability once the products are taken.
The next stage is 3rd party testing, a quality and control stage CBD brands perform to confirm product potencies as indicated on the labels and to ensure they are contaminant-free. Erth Hemp tests its products for CBD and THC potencies but does not do the same for standard contaminants. The results can be found online on the individual product pages or by scanning the QR codes on the product labels.
Range of Products
Although Erth Hemp does not have a wide assortment of products, its CBD inventory is decent and offers the following items, which can also be seen on the company’s website;
Erth Hemp CBD Tinctures
Erth Hemp offers CBD tinctures in full-spectrum and THC-free formulations, all of which guarantee the entourage effect of multiple cannabinoids. They are formulated with MCT oil for increased bioavailability. The total CBD concentrations for the tinctures range from 134 to 300o mg, while the cheapest and the most expensive tinctures cost $7.99 and $59.99, respectively, revealing an average price point of $0.02 to $0.08 per mg CBD.
Erth Hemp Flowers
The company’s hemp flowers do not undergo extraction. They are grown, harvested, hand-picked, and tried, ready for package and selling. Pre-roll sizes include an 1/8. According to the site, they help you chill and unwind without the high effect.
Erth Hemp CBD Softgels
Erth Hemp’s CBD softgels are made from raw hemp. Such hemp is unrefined and has natural terpenes and chlorophyll. They come in 30-count jars, and each gel delivers 25 mg CBD. The total CBD concentration per jar is 750 mg.
Erth Hemp CBD Topicals
The brand’s topical line has many products, including foot cream, pain stick, face cream, and massage oils. Most of these are MCT oil-fortified for increased bioavailability. The total CBD concentration for the topicals differs based on which product you select, and they are strictly for external use.
Erth Hemp Gummies
The brand is soon introducing an edible line of gummies. They are manufactured by a brand called Two Hawk and comprise delta- 8 & 9 and CBG/CBN cannabinoids. The total cannabinoid concentrations differ and are indicated per product.
What We Like About the Company
Our review for Erth Hemp was not entirely bad, and we appreciated the following about Erth Hemp;
- First-time buyers get up to 25% off by signing up for the brand’s newsletter
- Erth Hemp is diligent about 3rd party testing and contracts SC Labs to run its test
- The extraction methods employed by the company complement each other, ensuring product purity
- The bad offers free shipping for all orders worth $50 and above
- The company offers military veterans, medical personnel, fast-responders, and seniors discounts unlockable via coupon codes
- Erth Hemp deals in all the three CBD formulations available; isolates, THC-free, and full-spectrum CBD, bringing all enthusiasts on board
- Erth Hemp posts 3rd party results on product pages
- Each product page details the basic information one needs to know about the item in question before settling for it
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to file complaints and receive refunds and exchanges when the claims are approved
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Although there is much to be admired about Erth Hemp, the brand has a few areas to improve, including;
- Erth Hemp lacks a centralized hub for all the lab results for the products
- It does not test products for standard contaminants such as heavy metals, solvents, residues, microbials, and mycotoxins
- Some products, including the 500 mg tincture, posed higher variances than the 10% acceptable limit
- The $50 free shipping threshold is relatively high and may not be attained by all clients
- The money-back-guarantee only applies to non-used products sent back to the brand using the original package
- Although the website has a dedicated FAQ link, this section is shallow and only discusses a few questions, leaving out the major concerns people would have about CBD
Our review for Erth Hemp was not entirely negative since the brand has much to be desired. It offers the mainstay CBD products, including tinctures, softgels, edibles, and topicals, as well as delta- 8 products. Moreover, you can find the CBD items in isolate, full-spectrum, and THC-free formulations, bringing on board all CBD enthusiasts. Its strongholds include various discounts, the money-back guarantee, free shipping at $50, and potency testing. However, the brand does not test products for contaminant purity, its potency test results indicated higher variances than the acceptable limit, limits returns and exchanges to unused products, does not reveal its source of hemp, and might not be FDA-registered or USDA-certified for organic practices. Moreover, the website does not detail enough information about who founded the brand, who runs it, or who makes up the team. Lastly, although the website has an FAQ link, the section does not address questions comprehensively. As such, Erth Hemp has a long way to go, and improving the mentioned areas might help it attain new business milestones in the CBD arena.